Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Waiting on God
“... but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not become weary, they will walk and not faint.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:31‬ ‭CSB‬‬
http://bible.com/1713/isa.40.31.csb

There’s the hymn trust and obey.* “When we walk with the Lord, in the light of His word, what a glory He sheds on our way! While we do His good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust and obey.”
    • Waiting means not taking things into my own hands. acting out alone puts distance and strains my relationship. Waiting shows faith in God to handle my situation. Acting out alone puts distance and strains my relationship, while waiting increases my fellowship (intimacy, faith and trust). Exercising  impatience I get to see what I can do, when exercising patience I get to see what Christ can do. 
      • Refrain:
        “Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
        To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”
      • * Trust and Obey by John Sammis

No comments: